Monday, November 20, 2006

Ending the Slacker that is Me

I have been having a hard time trying to catch the Store Manager at Home Depot as I can never seem to get there during the day so, if someone else can swing by and give them the spiel and try to get some materials, please feel free. Just let us know how it turns out.

We won’t be having a meeting this week as the Holidays approach but, we will as soon as we get back so that we can gain some more of our momentum back. I’ll keep all advised on the details of when/where and what we have going on, what we should have going on. We are really close to being able to start working on the body and we want to be able to start that at the end of the month.

I am still waiting for specs from Dahon on their rims and tires. As soon as I get this I’ll forward it on and also try to work with some custom rim shops to seem what we can come up with.

We have recently received some official correspondence from Shell Eco-marathon. If you need/want a copy let me know and I can email you another copy. Short story is, we need to provide them with some info on our team and vehicle. The big items we need to come up with is a reserve driver, how many people we expect to go (team + spectators), a detailed drawing and explanation of the fuel system as well as the electrical system.

Morgan, if you could come up with a drawing and short description of the fuel system ( I don’t imagine this is going to be all that complicated) and I will draft up the electrical drawings as I am working on the electrical system as we speak.

There are a lot of other details that I will ask specific input on once I get to them. If you already have any answers for any of the questions in the document, let me know.

I have been working on the specs for out vehicle and am pretty much done, just need to give it another run through to make sure I didn’t miss anything and I’ll get that out to everyone. We should see this in a day or so, before the vacation starts anyway.

If anyone has any questions/comments, feel free to let me know and don’t’ forget, if there ever needs to be a meeting for any reason apart from our Thursday meetings, don’t hesitate. If you need me just let me know and I can make sure to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home